Ingredients for: 2 people
Total preparation time: 50 minutes
- Sea bass fillets, 2;
- Potato, 1;
- Butter, 100 g;
- Anchovies from the Cantabrian Sea, 4 fillets;
- Fresh fennel, 1 tuft;
- Parsley, 2 clumps;
- Oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash, peel and cut the potato with a mandoline to a thickness of 2-3 mm per slice.
- Soak the potato slices in cold water, changing it several times until they become transparent. This step will remove all the starch from the potatoes so that they will be crispier after cooking.
- Finely chop the parsley and fennel then transfer to a bowl along with the anchovies and butter.
- Work with a spatula until the butter is softened and all the ingredients are blended together.
- Place the sea bass fillets on a baking tray covered with baking paper and lay the potato slices on top of the fish to create an even coating.
- Season with oil, salt, pepper and a few sprigs of thyme, then bake in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the sea bass from the oven and place a few knobs of flavored butter on top of the fish then continue cooking for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with an anchovy fillet, a few sprigs of fennel and a pinch of salt.