Ingredients for: 2 people
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Spaghetti, 200 g;
- Red onions, 2;
- Brown sugar, 1 tbsp;
- Wine vinegar, 2 tbsp;
- Soft bread, 2 slices;
- 100% carbon neutral Anchovies from Sicily, 1 jar;
- Lemon zest;
- Chili powder;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- Use the anchovies’ preserving olive oil as a base for the finely sliced onions in the pan.
- Brown over medium heat for about 5 minutes along with the brown sugar.
- Add the vinegar and sauté.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water and use a ladleful of the cooking water to wet the onions, letting them cook over medium heat for the time the pasta is cooked.
- In a blender, chop the soft bread with the thyme.
- Toast the bread crumbs in a frying pan using once again the anchovies’ preserving olive oil.
- Drain the spaghetti “al dente” in the pan with the onions and finish cooking, helping yourself with a ladle of cooking water.
- Cut the anchovies into small chunks.
- Turn off the stove and add the chopped anchovies to the pan.
- Sauté with extra virgin olive oil, chili powder and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately with the crusty bread crumbs and decorate with a rolled anchovy fillet.