Ingredients for 8 rustics
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 25 minutes of cooking time;
- Rectangular puff pastry, 3 rolls;
- Tomato sauce, about 50-60 ml (1 spoon per rustic);
- Spicy pepper powder (to taste);
- Alici Delicius Double, 8;
- Sweet provolone, 80 g (approximately);
- Bechamel, 50 g (approximately);
- Basil, 8 leaves
- Salt & pepper;
- Egg, 1 (to brush).
- Cut the Provolone into cubes.
- Take the puff pastry, use a pastry cup to make disk than arrange the discs on a baking pan covered with baking paper, then brush lightly with beaten egg.
- Cover with a second disc of puff pastry to form the base of the rustic than arrange the filling in the middle: a spoonful of tomato sauce, a couple of cubes of provolone, Delicius anchovies , a spoonful of béchamel sauce, a pinch of chili powder, a leaf of basil, salt and pepper.
- It is very important for the success of the rustic, that all the filling is well concentrated in the center, forming a pile “higher than wide”.
- Close with a third disc of puff pastry and press with a fork, to prevent the filling from leaking.
- In the end, brush well with beaten egg and at least cook in the oven at 195 degrees for about 25 minutes.